Saturday, 31 January 2015

Time to Get Controversial

  I'm a huge Batman fan. As such, nothing will get me angrier than when someone claims that Bob Kane created Batman without ever even mentioning Bill Finger. Everything we recognize and love about Batman came from Bill Finger. If you don't believe me, look it up.

Bill Finger

  The man never got enough credit during his lifetime and continues not to after his death. Sure, most people who are real fans are aware of him, even that he came up with most of the things we love about Batman, but somehow many of those will cover their ears and keep just saying Bob Kane's name if only out of habit from when they were younger and were not fully aware of the situation. (When I was a teenager and the internet was not as prevalent to let us know these things as much, I truly believed Bob Kane was the sole creator of Batman, and suspected even less that most of what I liked about the character was not even Kane's work!) It's like they refuse to say Bob Kane AND Bill Finger. In fact, it should be the other way around, Bill Finger and Bob Kane.

  Anyway, here's a picture of Dave Arneson. Thank you, Mr. Arneson.